Date: Friday, June 23rd, 2017, 6:00pm
Location: Trinity Baptist Church - 1905 Springfield Road, Kelowna
Grads MUST arrive by 5:00 pm with gown on and hat in hand - use side door. Guest doors open at 5:15pm. Once the ceremony has commenced there will be not admittance to the venue.
Tickets: Tickets are purchased through Grad fee payment (see FEES page). Extra ceremony ticket availablility will be determined by end of May 2017. Should there be extra tickets, they will be available for purchase ($10 each) May 29 - June 2nd, 2017, lunch hours in room 196 Only students may purchase tickets. Tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Fee: $85 per student. This amount pays for the event expenses and gives each student 3 guest tickets.
- A mandatory grad assembly will take place mid June. Dual credit students are asked to ensure they educate themselves on assembly details should they be unable to attend.
- Students can NOT be on the "no walk" list, students must be in a position to graduate.
- Pictures by family & friends taken BEFORE arriving at ceremony.
- V-stoles must be signed in before leaving Trinity Baptist Church. They will not be accepted til after the Ceremony. Students will be billed accordingly to replace a lost/not returned v-stole, approximately $100. Caps and gowns are student's to keep.
- If participating in Dry Grad, please check the Dry Grad webpage early June for itinerary.
- No substitutes/decorating caps/gowns will be allowed. Pay attention to the acceptable clothing list.
- As this is a formal ceremony, students are asked to maintain decorum, i.e.: no yelling, whistling, gum chewing, etc.
- During the ceremonies, all grads are to remain in their seats. The only time students are out of your seat is when crossing the stage or if you are called to receive an award.
- Parents/guests are asked to keep movement in the audience to a minimum. No food or drink in the sanctuary area. Bottled water is sold on the premises.
- Please do NOT to book any dinners or flights, etc that will interfere with a student being in attendance for the full ceremony.
- Should extra tickets be available, they will be sold to students during lunch hours May 29th - June 2nd, 2017. First-come-first-serve. Limit 4 per student.
Dress Code: Dress should reflect this formal event and celebration of graduation, by the graduates, their family, their educators and their community. All students taking part in the ceremonies will be expected to wear a gown and mortarboard cap. As a general rule, colours and style of clothing should compliment the colour of the graduation gown. MBSS staff reserves the right to refuse participation in the commencement exercises should attire be inappropriate. Follow the attached guidelines:Dress Code.pdf
Parking is limited. Staff and students are asked to park at the rear of the church. Family and friends who have tickets can park in any open spaces of the church. Please do not park at the surrounding businesses, you may be towed.Parking.pdf