To contact via email, please click on the teachers name below:
Ms. E. Walls (A-G)
Ms. Amanda Kraft (H-N)
Ms. L. Freeman (O-Z)
There are a number of components to the Learning Centre:
- assessment of students' strengths and weaknesses
- consultation with students, parents, teachers, administration and Student Support Team (SST)
- referral, where appropriate, to District Special Education Personnel
- direct instruction both in and out of the classroom
- coordinate the development of IEP
- study skills - "learning how to learn"
- academic support for identified students having difficulty in one or more subjects
- liaison with subject teachers and parents/guardians
Students who feel they may need Learning Centre assistance need to direct their questions to their school counsellor.
Some students at Mt. Boucherie who have been diagnosed with a learning disability may need some adaptatiions made to their program (e.g. use of a scribe and/or reader) in order to complete their secondary education successfully. Students who qualify for such adaptations may request to have their Provincial Assessments similarly adapted. Contact your Learning Assistance teacher for more information or questions.