Provincial Assessment Information

Language Arts 12

The following courses have provincial examinations and must be written to receive credit:

  • English 12
  • English First Peoples 12

For more information visit:

Numeracy Assessment

The Graduation Numeracy Assessment is a new provincial assessment and a graduation requirement for all students graduating after June 30, 2018. This assessment must be written at least once in grade 10, 11 or 12.  The Graduation Numeracy Assessment is not tied to a specific math course. Rather, it evaluates a student's numeracy skills developed over the course of their education. Students will take the assessment during their graduation years (Grades 10–12); schools will determine scheduling.  Students can re-take the Graduation Numeracy Assessment to improve their proficiency score. Their best level achieved will be counted as their final result.  For more information visit:

Provincial assessments are written at the end of each semester (January or June).  A missed examination, or if a student is required to rewrite an examination, can be written in October, November, April or May and are only available to be written online. Please contact the MBS front office to register for a rewrite/missed exam.  The schedule for provincial examinations can be found here: add link


Your statement of examination results and transcript of grades will be available to you on the Ministry of Education website as early as July 30, 2018.  You may collect your Dogwood Certificate at the school once you have received your transcript of grades that are mailed out by the Ministry and once the school office is open.  The Ministry website address is   To access this website and acquire your marks you will need to register for a Basic BCeID.  You will need your Ministry PEN number to view your marks.  If you cannot remember your PEN number, look on your report card.

Rewrites of Provincial Assessments – August 1 – 3, 2018

See website for more information  Students must preregister to write provincial exams and assessments.  Students must bring photo ID and their PEN number to write an exam at Hollywood Road Education Services.  This can be an opportunity for you to upgrade.  See your counsellor for more information.